Interested in helping support Get Outdoors Leadville!? Great! We’re interested in you, too!
Contact us to figure out the best way to connect your talents with GOL!
- Lead a Community Nature Connection & share your personal passion for nature and outdoor recreation
- Assist with field work & youth programming
- Social media, communications, and outreach opportunities
- In-office & Gear Library logistics support
- Be a part of Team GOL! and help raise donations for GOL!
Current Job Openings
Friday Outdoor Program Leaders
Check out the job posting! Pay ranges from $15 – $23.50/hour depending on experience. Pay incentives for Spanish fluency, Wilderness First Aid or beyond, teaching license and lead teaching experience, and advanced outdoor leadership training and experience.
Contact Cisco Tharp with any questions: 719-293-0445, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake County Schools has shifted to a 4-day school week, and GOL! is offering fun, active, outdoorsy programs for K-6th graders on Fridays. This position instructs and cares for groups of 10-15 participants in 3-to 8-hour outings or activity blocks which feature active living outdoor recreation, natural world engagement, land stewardship and play. Activities vary slightly by age level and program option. Crew Leaders develop and implement outdoor education and recreation curriculum for up to 20 days per semester, and are responsible for ensuring safe, enriching, and inclusive outdoor experiences for Lake County youth in their crew, while also mentoring and Assistant Crew Leader and/or collaborating with a co-leader. This position is seasonal, running from September (fall semester) – June (spring semester).
Specific Openings Include:
- K-2nd grade Active Outdoor Program Leader – 6 positions open (two for each grade: Kinder, 1st, 2nd). Variety of moderate to vigorous physical activity, including mountain and snow biking, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, hiking, and other active mountain sports, active outdoor play, outdoor safety, basic outdoor skills, and indoor swimming.
- 3rd -6th grade Biking Program Leader – 2 positions open. Focus on mountain biking, fat-tire snow biking, bicycle maintenance and care, biking and outdoor safety, and basic outdoor wellbeing skills.
- 3rd – 6th grade Hunting and Fishing Program Leader – 2 positions open. Focus on conservation-minded hunting and fishing related activities, wildlife education, outdoor safety, and basic outdoor skills.
Assignments based on age group experience, expertise, and interest.