Want to go camping, but don’t have a tent? Want to try snow biking, but don’t have a fat bike? That’s what we’re here for! The Get Outdoors Leadville! community Gear Library is a resource for the whole community. By creating a system for sharing gear and outdoor recreation knowledge at low-to-no cost, we aim to reduce barriers to getting outdoors and recreating in Lake County, and help create a more active nature-connected community for all people, regardless of experience, background, or financial means. The Gear Library can accommodate personal gear needs as well as outfit larger group outings. Dig into the specifics to start enjoying all the Gear Library can offer:
- Gear Library Membership
- Gear Reservations & Borrowing
- Hours & Location
- General Information & Policies
- Give Us Feedback
For Gear Library questions or related needs, don’t hesitate to reach out! Email us or call/text 719.297.1769
901 US-24, Leadville, CO 80461 (Colorado Mountain College, Timberline Campus)
The Gear Library is open! Here is our April Calendar:
Visiting the Gear Library:
- Appointments highly encouraged to minimize exposure/contact to others while you’re at the Gear Library – if you let us know when you’re coming we can work to ensure there aren’t other members or families also on site at the same time.
- Drop ins during open hours welcome (a text or call giving us a heads up is much appreciated!)
- Text or call 719.297.1769
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members will remain outside & GOL! staff will help you through this “pick-up” door; we will be limiting access inside the Gear Library building.
- Please do not plan to visit the Gear Library if you or others in your household are sick. We will gladly reschedule a time for your visit after you have been symptom-free for >72 hours.
- Please wear face coverings and stay 6ft apart from others.
- There will be a table in between GOL! Staff & Borrower
- If you don’t wear a face covering, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Thanks for doing your part to help protect others in our community!
- Restrooms will be closed to the public.
*All equipment will be disinfected between uses in keeping with current COVID-19 infection control best practices.