We miss seeing you at the Gear Library! Thanks for your patience and understanding as we navigate the current Public Health Agency’s recommendations.
Gear Library Operations: We will reopen on Monday, July 6th!
In order for us to operate the Gear Library successfully and safely, we’ve had to take extra measures:
- Mondays: 8am-12pm
- Thursdays: 2pm-6pm
- Saturdays: 8am-2pm
- Appointments HIGHLY encouraged to minimize exposure/contact to others while you’re at the Gear Library – if you let us know when you’re coming we can work to ensure there aren’t other members or families also on site at the same time.
- Drop ins during open hours allowed with a call or text ahead to ensure there’s GOL! staff available to help
- Text or call 719.297.1769
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gear Library Members will use the South entrance (door around the left side of the building) for picking up & dropping off borrowed gear
- 107 Spruce St–entrance parallel to Chestnut St.
- There will be signage to help guide you
- Members will remain outside & GOL! staff will help you through this “pick-up” door; we will be limiting access inside the Gear Library building.
- Bikes are available for borrowing starting Saturday, August 8th for day use or a 1 week lending period.
- Please do not plan to visit the Gear Library if you or others in your household are sick. We will gladly reschedule a time for your visit after you have been symptom-free for >72 hours.
- Please wear face coverings and stay 6ft apart from others.
- There will be a table and a door in between GOL! Staff & Borrower
- If you don’t wear a face covering, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment. Thanks for doing your part to help protect others in our community!
- Restrooms will be closed to the public.
These days and hours may evolve throughout the summer as we learn more about the community’s desires and our abilities to support them.
All equipment will be disinfected between uses in keeping with current COVID-19 infection control best practices.
More great news: we have backpacking kitchen kits now available to borrow! These kits include: backpacking stove, stainless steel cooking pot, 2 personal mess kits (4 bowls, 2 lids, 2 sporks), collapsible table, serving utensils (spatula, spoon, ladle), trowel, fuel, paring knife, and cutting board.
Did you know that we have Car Camping Kitchen Kits as well? These kits are meant to make it easier for families to go camping (groups of people in the same household during COVID-19, please!). The Car Camping Kitchen Kits include: stock pots, frying pans, serving utensils, 2-burner stoves, knives, cutting boards, mixing bowls, colander (big), and trowel. We encourage you to follow Public Health Guidelines regarding group sizes and mixing of non-household individuals while camping.
Want to go camping, but don’t have a tent? Want to try snow biking, but don’t have a fat bike? That’s what we’re here for! The Get Outdoors Leadville! community Gear Library is a resource for the whole community. By creating a system for sharing gear and outdoor recreation knowledge at low-to-no cost, we aim to reduce barriers to getting outdoors and recreating in Lake County, and help create a more active nature-connected community for all people, regardless of experience, background, or financial means. The Gear Library can accommodate personal gear needs as well as outfit larger group outings. Dig into the specifics to start enjoying all the Gear Library can offer:
- Gear Library Membership
- Gear Reservations & Borrowing
- Hours & Location
- General Information & Policies
- Give Us Feedback
For Gear Library questions or related needs, don’t hesitate to reach out! Email us or call/text 719.297.1769 New location! 107 Spruce St., Leadville, CO 80461