Summer Camp: Rockies Rock Adventure Camp
At Get Outdoors Leadville! we believe summer camp is about more than just having fun together outside. It’s also about developing a life-long love of nature, challenging yourself to try new activities and grow your skills, developing and strengthening friendships, living a healthy active lifestyle, and learning about yourself and your passions along the way. And, yes, we do have a lot of fun outside together in the process, too! At Rockies Rock Adventure Camp we do all this and more!
- Rockies Rock is an entirely outdoor-based day camp for youth aged 6 to 12 (rising 1st graders through rising 7th graders)
- Camp runs Monday – Thursday, ~8:30a-3:30p
- Transportation to and from camp is available within Lake County at no cost
- Daily snacks and lunches are provided at no cost
- Camp sessions run for two weeks at a time, for four sessions
- Campers can participate in one up to all four camp sessions (2-8 weeks total).
2018 Camp Sessions (M-Th):
- June 18-28
- July 2-12
- July 16-26
- July 30-Aug 9
Tuition (per 2-week session):
- In-County Full Tuition Rate: $300
- In-County Reduced Tuition Rate: $180
- In-County Minimum Tuition Rate: $40
- Out-of-County Rate: $400
REGISTRATION FOR 2018 SUMMER SESSIONS IS NOW OPEN!
Rockies Rock Summer Day Camp is now open for online registration at https://getoutdoorsleadville.campmanagement.com/campers
For any questions or enrollment help, please contact Cisco Tharp: 719.293.0445 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like in person enrollment assistance, Jackie Radilla is available on Wednesdays at Room 13, Pitts Elementary/The Center Preschool, 315 W 6th St. between 10:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. email@example.com or 719.293.5533
The outdoor confidence and technical skills we help develop are truly life skills for our region. We teach kids to mountain bike, to fish, to swim, to climb, to hike and backpack and responsibly recreate in myriad ways, and ultimately, to challenge themselves and expand their passions and self-reliance. We introduce special topic programming on local history, environmental education, navigation/orienteering, wilderness safety, and sustainable high-altitude agriculture, among others.
We strive to make all programming diverse and inclusive so all community members feel welcome and comfortable engaging. We balance financial sustainability with financial accessibility to ensure no camper is turned away due to cost.